What are Waterfall Countertops?
Waterfall countertops are a minimalist and elegant way to bring a modern, upscale feel to any interior space. They are characterized by the presence of one or more counters that extend down from the wall until they reach the floor of the room, resembling a cascading waterfall.
Waterfall countertops can be made of various materials, including wood, laminate, stainless steel and quartz. Due to their unique look and design, they add both visual interest and character to any space.
These countertops can also be used as an eye-catching focal point in the design of a kitchen. The unobstructed lines go beyond traditional cabinetry designs by creating the illusion that cabinet doors continue along the floors underneath the countertop.
Waterfall countertops come with many practical benefits too. The single unbroken surface makes cleaning easier since there are no multiple seams or joints like in traditional cabinetry designs that can produce cracks or crevices for dirt and bacteria to collect. This can help reduce allergens and potential health hazards caused by unsanitary surfaces.
Quartz is the new norm.
Quartz waterfall countertops come together to create a smooth, custom-made appearance for your kitchen.
The sleekness of quartz waterfall countertops was hidden in plain sight until now.
You’ll love this new design element if you’ve ever wanted to add a modern touch and luxury feel to your kitchen.
When you add quartz waterfall countertops, you’ll have durability and elegance throughout your entire space.
These high-quality countertops are made of natural quartz surfaces resistant to regular wear and tear – never having a dull moment!
By selecting quartz waterfall countertops, you will also have the added benefit of almost effortless maintenance; simply wiping it down with warm water or a mild dish soap solution is all you need to keep it clean!
In addition, natural quartz is sealed with resin, meaning no germs get into the crevices even after food prep work on top of them.
Plus, quartz comes in various sizes, shapes and styles, allowing endless possibilities for customization to fit your kitchen’s overall look and feel.
No more limits on creativity when designing your dream kitchen!
You don’t need expensive interior designers or contractors for complicated installs. Often, these can be fabricated off-site as one unit – making installation much faster than waiting on separate pieces that require additional joinery processes like laminate or wood countertops.
So treat yourself to natural quartz waterfall countertops today and take your cooking experience up several notches!
Your friends will only get jealous watching your culinary masterpieces created in such an exquisite environment. Not only will this streamlined quartz feature upgrade the overall look and make mealtimes a grand affair, but it will upgrade your mind, too – knowing that such sophistication graces your home brings confidence too!
Concrete or wood waterfall countertops are cheaper.
A waterfall countertop can be made of several different materials. For example, concrete costs less than natural stone. Concrete can run around $750 in Metro Vancouver for a three-foot-by-five-foot island. Wood costs are about the same, depending on the type of timber used. Wood countertops are also cheaper to install yourself, and you can save thousands of dollars. You can do it yourself if you have experience in woodworking. You can also source butcher-block countertops.
Regarding material cost, concrete or wood waterfall countertops are generally cheaper than granite and marble. Both materials are durable and will last a long time. However, if you are looking for a durable counter, you should consider stainless steel. Stainless steel is very easy to clean and has antibacterial properties. In addition, waterfall countertops will emphasize the polished nature of the counter. Depending on your preferences, you can choose the thickness of the waterfall countertops that fit your budget.
Marble is difficult to repair.
It may seem like marble is impossible to repair on waterfall countertops, but it is possible to clean and restore your countertop with the right products and tools. These products and DIY remedies will help restore your marble to its former glory without replacing it completely. However, these countertops are a significant investment, and you don’t want to lose them due to minor damage. After all, it is a very expensive material, and any mistakes can ruin the entire kitchen.
The best way to maintain your marble waterfall countertop is to clean it regularly to avoid damage. If you have spilled a glass of wine, for instance, you shouldn’t touch the countertop for a long time, and if you have spilled liquid on it, you should immediately take care of the spill. Marble is susceptible to acid, which makes it difficult to repair on waterfall countertops. Because of this, you should avoid spills and splatters, which are especially likely to happen on marble waterfall countertops.
Stainless steel waterfall countertops are heat resistant.
One of the benefits of using stainless steel for your kitchen countertops is that they are heat resistant. While this material is popular for kitchens in commercial settings, it has fallen out of favour in the home. Although it is durable, it isn’t quiet and requires frequent wiping. It can also be expensive, and it isn’t for everyone. For this reason, many people choose wood countertops. Wood countertops have a natural warmth and beautiful texture.
The look of a waterfall countertop can be dramatic. These counters extend to the floor and are particularly good with modern or minimalist kitchen designs. They also protect the base of your cabinets, making it easier to install hidden storage. Stainless steel waterfall countertops are both heat and scratch resistant, and they are easy to clean. While you’re cooking, you can also use them as decorative accents. In addition, waterfall countertops are great for outdoor kitchens.
How stunning waterfall countertops can inject luxury into any kitchen.
Stunning, opulent, majestic, heavenly – these are only a few words describing waterfall countertops. When upgrading the look and feel of your kitchen, these gorgeous features provide a simple but highly effective way to transform any space from drab to fab within minutes.
But what exactly is a waterfall countertop? It’s simply a style of the counter where the edge flows seamlessly over the side and down onto the floor in an uninterrupted line. Think waves cascading over rocks into pools of glistening glass-like water.
It’s like adding magic to your kitchen!
Waterfall countertops possess unique skills in making aesthetics more stunning than ever before. Just as its name implies, this feature resembles a dramatic stream omitting serenity and power simultaneously. From both near and far, it creates an eye-catching beauty that becomes the focal point of any room!
Lighting up your living area with its unmatched luminescence and grandeur is one benefit they offer. Providing a generous surface area, which you can use, will ensure optimal practicality through its size.
Moreover, they are designed for convenience and sophistication thanks to their low maintenance structure, ensuring regular wipe-down needs only! Surely one productivity hack everyone needs these days dearly!
One thing is for certain though: waterfall countertops guarantee luxuriousness no matter what kind you choose….. whether it be granite marble or quartz – you’ll always achieve effortless contentment once installed.
From modern metal surfaces to traditional timber designs – each variant can add chic vibes to any room with its elegant outlook allowing anyone who enters to feel completely untroubled and relaxed upon sight!
Now there’s finally something that can inject royalty into home décor without costing an arm or leg: adding top-tier charm without unnecessarily taking out loans or spending cash on assets!
The kitchen is often the heart of the home and plays a significant role in determining its overall appeal. If yours feels outdated or dated, you may feel less motivated to spend time cooking and eating in it. That’s why Vancouver kitchen Renovation is proud to bring you a Kitchen Design and Renovation package that will transform your space into something truly timeless and functional. Our Kitchen Design and Renovation packages will create a space that reflects your lifestyle and personality and gives you everything you need to cook delicious meals and entertain guests.
We understand that to be successful is to stay ahead of the curve. That means staying current with the latest technology and design trends. We always want to improve our products or services without breaking the bank. That’s why we stay connected to the latest technologies of NKBA, National Kitchen and Bath Association. In addition, at Vancouver Kitchen renovation, our primary focus is providing sustainable kitchen design and renovation packages, and we believe in sustainable living. Sustainable living is a way of life in harmony with nature. It is a lifestyle which focuses on the preservation of our environment. Sustainable living is a philosophy emphasizing respect for the environment and concern for its well-being. This means we should take care of the planet and treat it as if it were our home. We should try to preserve what we have and protect it from destruction. If we do this, we will enjoy the benefits of the earth’s resources for many generations. Whether you’re planning a major remodel or adding finishing touches to your current kitchen, we’d love to discuss your project. Book your showroom consultation online.
Main Areas of Service in British Columbia:
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you place flooring under your kitchen appliances?
Flooring under kitchen appliances is an important consideration. This will ensure your countertop is at the right counter height.
Can a white kitchen be a good idea in Vancouver’s climate?
Vancouver homeowners love white kitchens. This is because they are brightening up the space and creating a modern appearance. However, since we don’t get a lot of sunshine in Metro Vancouver, it’s best to incorporate natural elements such as wood to bring as much warmth as possible into your space.
How can you style a small white kitchen in a minimalist design?
A small white kitchen needs a lot imagination. A small white kitchen can be beautiful if you use natural materials like wood, stone and glass. Remember to keep white kitchens clean and well-organized.
Don’t forget personal touches! This will make your kitchen feel like a home.
Is open-concept cooking in fashion?
Open-concept kitchens still have a lot of appeal because they provide a contemporary look and allow easy access to all areas. For a variety of reasons, some homeowners opt for more traditional kitchen designs.
Open-concept cooking can be very noisy. A second reason is the difficulty in keeping a clean open-concept space tidy due to all of the dust and cooking gasses that circulate throughout.
Family who enjoy cooking together will love open-plan, well-designed kitchens. They can be dangerous for children who like to cook and aren’t always listening to their parents. If you’re considering an open-concept kitchen, carefully weigh the pros and cons before making a decision.
- Experts also recommend setting aside 20 percent of your budget for surprises, including unpleasant demolition discoveries. One is water damage, the electricity that is not up to code, or other budget-spiking gotchas. (hgtv.com)
- This is rather grim, but according to Business Insider, 12 percent of couples consider getting a divorce while renovating their home! (familyhandyman.com)
- It’s a fantastic thing about most home improvement projects: no matter the job. It often seems like the last 20% is the most difficult. (familyhandyman.com)
- In large firms, the commission charged by the GC ranges from 15 to 25 percent of the total job cost. (thespruce.com)
- Your most significant cost investment for a kitchen remodel will usually be cabinets, typically comprising 25 percent of your budget. (hgtv.com)
How to design a kitchen you’ll love cooking in for years to come
Kitchen designs should be designed with functionalities, aesthetics, and practicality. Your kitchen should be designed with functionality in mind so that it feels like home.
Here are some tips to help plan your dream kitchen.
- Choose the layout that suits your needs best. L-shaped, U shaped, and galley are the most common kitchen layouts. L-shaped kitchens can accommodate multiple cooks and are ideal for entertaining. U-shaped kitchens work well for families that spend a lot time in the kitchen. They offer ample storage and counter space. Galley kitchens work well in small spaces because they are efficient and simple to use.
- Take the time to research all options in cabinetry, and then choose high quality products. There are many options available to you, depending on your budget. You will reap the benefits of investing in high-end cabinets. They will last longer, look great, and provide better protection against humidity, heat, and other temperature variations.
- Pick a color scheme to make you happy. It doesn’t matter if you prefer a particular shade of pink or green, choose a color scheme that brings life and color to your kitchen. You could use bright colors, or soft pastels. Be sure to match the rest.
- The balance should be between beauty and functionality. It’s not necessary for your kitchen to be beautiful all of the time. Sometimes you need more to pay attention to functionality than looks. You don’t have to eliminate decorative elements. For a striking focal point, use a mixture of glass and metals like chrome, brass or ceramic.
- Create a comfortable environment. Comfort should always be considered when designing your new kitchen. It’s likely that you will spend a lot time in your kitchen so it should feel warm and inviting. You can add seating, lighting fixtures and other features to help you unwind after a long day.
- You must not forget about storage. Your kitchen should offer ample storage space for all your cooking tools, utensils, dishes, pots, pans, etc. Consider adding cabinets to your kitchen when you are planning a remodel.
- Include a pantry. A pantry is a great way to store and organize food items. You can also store extra supplies in a separate area to prevent clutter building up around your kitchen.
- Consider new flooring. You can make a big difference in the look and feel of your kitchen by choosing the right flooring. There are many materials available. If you have a small space, consider running the same flooring throughout the house to avoid the need for transition pieces.
- Expansion plan. One of the biggest mistakes people make when remodeling their kitchens is not including enough room for future growth. If you’re considering expanding, add another walk-in closet, install sliding doors, or expand your current countertop space.
- Allow plenty of light. The best way to enjoy your kitchen is by being able to see what you’re doing. So, if you plan on using your kitchen as a family gathering place, ensure you leave lots of natural sunlight streaming through the windows.
- Energy-efficient appliances are recommended. Energy efficiency is one of the most important considerations when remodeling your kitchen. This means making sure that you replace old appliances with newer models that are more energy efficient.
- Be smart about your budget. Make sure you do an in-depth analysis of your finances before shopping for appliances, cabinets, and other kitchen items. The best way to narrow down your options is to know what you can afford. This will save you time and money in the long term.
- Designate a space for entertaining. You can host dinner parties, or entertain friends over cocktails. A designated dining area gives your guests somewhere to meet and socialize.
- Consider adding an island to your kitchen. An island is an excellent addition to any kitchen because it provides extra prep and eating space while also serving as a convenient spot to put your beverages, snacks, and other small items.