Revitalize your bathroom with these amazing tips.
Transforming your bathroom from a cold and clinical space into a warm and inviting sanctuary can be easier than you think.
Plunging into the world of freestanding baths is the perfect way to add some real luxury to the room.
Beyond just being aesthetically desirable, these tubs provide more freedom when planning out the space, plus they can fold away furniture to create more of a relaxed feel.
Go for natural materials that are as hard-wearing as they are beautiful – stone tiles, mosaic patterns, painted brick, or wood panelling make great additions here.
Carefully selecting the material used in your bathroom design pays dividends regarding safety and hygiene – look for functional pieces safe enough for any age group or user.
Add mirrors strategically around the room to give it a light, airy feeling, opening up smaller spaces and creating an illusion of higher ceilings in confined areas.
Using freestanding baths when designing a bathroom can be a great way to add luxury to your space. These baths are available in various styles, sizes, and materials, so you can find the perfect tub to complement your bathroom’s style.
Freestanding baths are often called soaking tubs for a reason. They are a great showpiece for any bathroom and can add a sense of sophistication and luxury. They are also an excellent option for people with limited space. You can place them anywhere you like in your bathroom, from next to a window to centrally in the room.
Freestanding tubs come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and colours. You can even find ones that are made of materials such as granite and quartz. These materials are popular because they absorb heat, are easy to maintain, and come in various styles.
Adding mirrors to your bathroom can make it seem larger, softer and more comfortable. You can get several different styles, colours and features.
There are many mirrors, including circular, oval, rectangular, and even asymmetrical. They can be wall mounted, free-standing or fixed. They also come in different sizes.
The circular mirror is a good choice for those who like to showcase wallpaper and other interesting touches. It can also be used to complement a pedestal sink. The rectangular mirror is a classic and functional choice and can be paired with any bathroom vanity.
A mirror is also an excellent way to add light to the room. Some mirrors have built-in lighting. This can be adjusted for both day and nighttime lighting.
The balance between cost and plumbing
There is a lot to consider, whether considering a home renovation or simply updating your bathroom. Aside from the actual building, you will need to consider the plumbing and tiling, the appropriate flooring, fixtures and fittings. It’s also worth considering the bathroom and kitchen layouts and what appliances you will put in them. A plan will go a long way toward ensuring a smooth experience and a good night’s sleep.
Using a home improvement specialist to do the heavy lifting will save you a ton of hassle and aggravation. Keeping a running tab is a good way to ensure your home improvement project is on budget. You can also look into an all-inclusive home improvement contract to cover your bases.
Choosing the right materials for designing your bathroom can make a huge difference. It would be best if you were looking for hardwearing, functional, and aesthetically pleasing materials. They should also be safe for the user.
Bathrooms are typically heavy-traffic areas, so durable materials are ideal. Porcelain is a common choice for flooring and walls. Acrylic is also an excellent material for a bathroom. It is non-porous, which makes it easier to maintain. It also has a smooth, seamless look.
Marble is another great material for bathrooms. It has a sophisticated look and a high gloss finish. It’s available in different shapes, colours and veining. It works well in traditional bathrooms as well as modern designs.
The bathroom is often the last room people consider renovating, which makes sense since it’s usually the smallest space in the house. With VK Renovation, you can expect a spa-like bathroom that feels luxurious and is built to last. We’ll create a custom bathroom design based on your preferences and budget and handle everything from demolition to installation.
We understand that to be successful is to stay ahead of the curve. That means staying current with the latest technology and design trends. We’re always looking to find ways to improve our products or services without breaking the bank. That’s why we stay connected to the latest technologies of NKBA, National Kitchen and Bath Association. In addition, at VK renovation, our primary focus is providing sustainable bathroom design and renovation packages, and we believe in sustainable living. Sustainable living is a way of life in harmony with nature. It is a lifestyle which focuses on the preservation of our environment. Sustainable living is a philosophy emphasizing respect for the environment and concern for its well-being. This means we should take care of the planet and treat it as if it were our own home. We should try to preserve what we have and protect it from destruction. If we do this, we will enjoy the benefits of the earth’s resources for many generations. Whether you’re planning a major remodel or adding finishing touches to your current bathroom, we’d love to discuss your project. Book your showroom consultation online.
Main Areas of Service in British Columbia:
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it take to renovate a bathroom vanity.
The average cost to update a bathroom vanity ranges from $2,000-$5000 depending on the type. This includes all labor and materials costs.
A custom-built vanity is more expensive than a stock or pre-fabricated vanity. If you want to update your bathroom vanity on a budget, try painting it or adding new hardware. For a more substantial change, you could replace the sink or countertop.
What is the future trend in bathroom decor?
While bathroom decor trends are always changing, some themes have been around since the beginning. We’ll cover these below.
- Minimalism: The concept behind minimalism means to get rid of all the clutter in our homes. This could include decluttering cupboards and shelves, taking out unnecessary items and replacing them by functional ones. It also means keeping everything simple and easy to use.
- Urban Living – People love to live in cities. Urban dwellers nowadays want to live in areas that allow them to enjoy the outdoors. They don’t wish to lose sight or trees when they move into a city. So they’ve moved back towards smaller houses and apartments with small yards.
- Eco-Friendly: People are becoming more mindful of their environment. This has resulted in a rise of eco-friendly design. Green design focuses on creating spaces that are healthy and sustainable. Designers can take many different approaches to creating eco-friendly homes. One way is by incorporating natural materials into their designs. You can also ensure that the overall appearance of the home doesn’t distract from the surrounding environment.
- Shabby Chic: Shabby chic is a style that was born out necessity, and not fashion. Women had to reuse clothes from World War II in order to conserve resources. After the war, women began collecting old clothes and reusing them. Today, shabby chic is a popular style used across multiple design areas, including furniture, accessories, and even food!
- Artistic Design – Artistic designs have been around for centuries. Artists have always been focused on their art and expressing themselves through it. The art of designing has improved with the advent of technology. It is possible to combine digital art and 3-D printing to create unique objects.
- Industrial Design – Industrial design isn’t a new concept. It is an ancient concept that has existed for hundreds of decades. It is because we have so many industries that industrial design is unique. This design does not require you to be part or a large company. You can do almost anything with the internet.
- Modernist Architecture – Modernist architecture is based on traditional design elements such as symmetry and order. It instead focuses on asymmetry, irregularity and balance. This allows architects to play around with shapes and sizes. Open floor plans, clean lines and bare walls are some other features.
- Contemporary Design – This design combines both modern and traditional influences. It’s a mix of all kinds of design. This gives you something different and original that takes the taste buds on a wild ride.
- Nature Inspired – Nature-inspired design emphasizes bringing the outdoors indoors. Plants and flowers add life to any room, while fountains bring water into the space. Here are some examples of natural-inspired interior decorating ideas:
- Rustic Interior Decor – Use reclaimed barn wood or cedar siding if you want rustic. These elements give rooms a farmhouse-like feel that is great for any setting.
- French Country Interiors – If the country is your favorite, but you hate the cold, it’s worth adding a few touches of French country design. Choose simple colours, pastel hues, and soft furnishings. Try painting the walls a light colour and placing some french provincial chairs in the room. Here, you’ll be able to relax during the warm months.
- Bohemian Style – If you want to live in an urban environment but still have a sense of the country, the bohemian lifestyle is the way to go. You can think of earthy tones and comfortable fabrics with low-key decoration.
What is the cost of replacing a shower?
A complete shower re/re project in Vancouver (British Columbia) can cost upwards of $10,000. This is for an entire project that would include the following:
- Shower base (including drain)
- Floor and wall tiles
- Glass shower door or shower curtain
- Fixtures (shower head, taps, soap dish, etc.)
- Plumbing work
- Waterproofing and tiling work
How to Start Planning a Bathroom Renovation
There are many things to consider when you start planning a bathroom renovation. It is vital to determine a budget for your bathroom renovation and to adhere to it. This will ensure that you have no surprises and the whole process runs smoothly.
Once you’ve established your budget it is time for you to start thinking about the design style you want in your bathroom. Do you prefer something more traditional or modern? What is your available space? These are critical questions you should ask yourself before starting any renovation.
What is the cost of a bathroom remodel to increase my home’s worth?
Bathroom remodels typically offer a return on investment (ROI) of around 60% to 70%, making them a solid choice if you want to add value to your home. Your home’s potential value increase will depend on many factors such as the scope and quality of the remodel, and where it is located. A high-end bathroom remodel in a luxurious area will likely have a higher return on investment than one that is more modestly done in an affordable neighborhood.
How do you do a facelift in a bathroom?
A bathroom remodel is not only about replacing fixtures. You need to create an environment that makes you feel at home. Your bathroom should be inviting and relaxing for you and your guests.
Here are some ideas.
- You can also add plants. They add beauty and cleanliness to your home. There are many indoor plants that you can choose from, including succulents, mosses and cacti.
- Make sure your lighting is proper. Lighting plays an important role in creating a space that is welcoming and inviting. Instead of using direct light sources, try indirect lighting. These will give soft, diffused illumination.
- Make sure you have a comfortable place to sit. This could include a bench or a small table. To display art or photos, you can also mount shelves on the wall. Adding a mirror to reflect light around the room will help brighten it.
- A bathrobe hook can be used to hang your robes or coats.
Our website has lots of information regarding bathroom designs, remodelling, and accessories. Our experts can help you plan your renovation. Give us a ring today!
What bathroom finishes do you prefer?
The matte black finish was popular in 2022 and will continue in 2023. Other finishes that will be popular in 2023 include brushed brass and bronze. These finishes can add luxury to any bathroom.
Bathroom finishes are often considered an afterthought when designing a bathroom. They should be considered from the beginning as they have a significant impact on the space’s appearance and feel. They also play a crucial role in creating a sense of calmness and tranquillity within the space.
It is also important to think about the materials you choose for your bathroom. One option is to choose a white tiled floor and a wooden bath tub. Or perhaps you’d opt for a different colour scheme, such as black and white, or a completely contrasting colour palette. Whatever your choice, make sure it fits in the overall design scheme of the house.
Bathroom finishes don’t necessarily have to be expensive. Any bathroom can be transformed with a simple coat of paint.
- If possible, allow a 15 to 20% contingency fund so you’re prepared for the unexpected. (loveproperty.com)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Digital showering allows users to program their preferred flow rate, and the temperature was a 23% preference. 44% wanted the ability to start their showers with their phones. (https://nkba.org)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Chromotherapy, which uses coloured lights to stimulate relaxation, was chosen by 25%. Preset lighting schemes for different times during the day were favoured by 29%. (https://nkba.org)
- WaterSense-labeled bathroom sink faucets use a maximum of 1.5 gallons per minute, reducing water use by 30 percent or more from the standard flow of 2.2 gallons per minute – without sacrificing performance. (elemental.green)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Large format tile (59%) was the most popular material for tub and shower surrounds. Slab surfaces (40%) were the next most popular (https://nkba.org)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Windows above tubs were favoured by 51% of those surveyed. Skylights were selected by 37% of those surveyed. (https://nkba.org)
- According to the EPA, a conventional toilet uses 1.6 gallons per flush, but that old pink one could use between 3.5 to 7 gallons per flush. (elemental.green)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Bathroom faucet designs reflected wellness concerns, with 61% choosing accessible lever handles, 48% choosing motion and 36% going for the touch or tap options. (https://nkba.org)
- I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve had someone call and say they have an existing old tub (which, 99% of the time, is 60” wide once they’re pulled out) and want to convert the bathtub to a shower. (blog.innovatebuildingsolutions.com)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Large format tiles were favoured by 59% of those surveyed.mSlab surfaces were favoured by 40% of those surveyed. (https://nkba.org)
- This article will reveal more about AntiBac surfaces and how Villeroy and Boch products have 99.9% fewer bacteria. (superbath.co.uk)
- Keep in mind: they advise that, all told, your bathroom project should cost no more than 5 to 10 percent of your home’s value. (remodelista.com)
10 Mistakes to Avoid When Remodeling a Small Bathroom
Because of the small space available, remodeling a small bathroom can prove difficult. Remodeling your home should be done by professionals. We have listed some common mistakes made when remodeling bathrooms.
- Insufficient funds for the project. If you don’t have enough money, it may be better to wait until then. As remodelling expenses can add up quickly, it would be smart to begin saving.
- You should not try to save money on materials. It is not a good idea to try to cut corners during any renovation. Get the best quality products for your money. Quality is everything.
- It is easy to buy too many things at once. The biggest mistake people make when remodeling their bathrooms is to buy too much stuff at once. Make sure you only buy what you need for the job, so you aren’t stuck paying for something you didn’t need.
- Planning the layout of the new room is a mistake. Many people fail to consider how they want to use the newly renovated area. People just throw stuff in the space without considering if they are useful.
- Modifying the layout. People sometimes feel they know exactly the layout of their bathroom. But they end changing it altogether. This makes the space less accessible.
- You can do the work yourself. You are not advised to do DIY projects alone, even though DIY is a popular hobby. Hiring contractors will ensure you have someone who understands what they’re doing and has the right equipment.
- Don’t wait too long to begin the project. It is possible to run into problems if you delay in planning your bathroom renovation. It is possible to run into issues such as plumbing leaks and mould growth.
- Being unorganized. Many people forget essential details during renovation projects, such as where to store the trash bin and power outlets. It will be easier to stay focused when you have a well-organized workspace.
- Not checking references. Before hiring anyone to do any renovation project, you must check their background. Ask your family and friends if they have had positive experiences working with these companies.
- Do not cut corners when it comes to safety precautions Safety is always important, especially when remodelling a bathroom. It is essential to take safety precautions while you are working on the project.