Illuminate the space you love with these super creative bathroom lighting ideas!
Glow up your bathroom with a soft touch of light!
A good washroom can be your hideout from the hectic life – and the perfect lighting can give you just that.
Luckily, there are some unique and creative ways to light up your bathroom, bringing in style and warmth without compromising on practicality.
From ambient lighting to task lighting, there’s much available to add sparkle to your daily routine.
Let’s first talk about accent lighting. Accent lighting is more ornamental, with its purpose being mainly aesthetic. It doesn’t have any particular function, like providing ample visibility but works as an additional decorative elements in the space.
This could be anything from LED lights hung on walls or shower ceiling tiles illuminated when you turn them off, making them a super fun addition to brighten the atmosphere!
Next comes ambient or mood lighting, which adds a layer of comfort and colour for those relaxed bubble baths or chilled-out mornings you look forward to! Choose from different types of bulbs, wall sconces or additions, such as fairy lights hung at just the right angle to create an ethereal environment.
When it comes to practicality, though, task lighting will permanently save the day! Task Lighting is used for focusing specific tasks such as shaving or make-up application where you would need visibility in a specific area for convenience—and this type of illumination is excellent for small bathrooms, too, due to its low-intensity intensity glow.
Adding ambient lighting to the bathroom creates a unique atmosphere. It is ideal to combine it with task lighting to illuminate different areas. This type of lighting is best for accents, such as a vanity area or a shower. It can also be used to add a sense of depth to a bathroom.
Ambient lighting can be installed in niches, alcoves or the bathroom’s perimeter. These lighting fixtures are often designed to diffuse light across the ceiling. This light is generally warm, soft and low-key.
Another type of ambient lighting is wall sconces, which can highlight decorative tiles or elements. These lights can also provide directional light. They are generally placed in a grid.
Chandeliers are also an option for ambient lighting. They can be bright and ornate. They should not be placed lower than eight feet above the bathtub. They can add an elegant and glamorous look to the bathroom.
If you want to create a dramatic effect, add a pendant light. These lights are available in many different shapes and sizes.
Adding accent lighting to your bathroom ideas can add depth, dimension and a certain feel to the room. This type of lighting highlights certain room features, like architectural details or decorative elements.
Accent lighting is similar to ambient lighting because it’s not meant to light up the entire room. Instead, it highlights one area, object or showpiece.
Accent lighting is often used to highlight specific architectural features, like a built-in cabinet or a bathroom vanity. This type of lighting is also used to highlight certain showpieces, like a bathtub or decorative tiles.
The best bathroom lighting schemes incorporate both accent lighting and ambient lighting. Ambient lighting is generally used to create soft shadows and low-level ambient light, while accent lighting is meant to highlight one area, object or showpiece.
Ambient lighting is generally used when natural light is insufficient in the bathroom. Ambient lights are often spread across the perimeter of the floor plan and are especially useful when used in conjunction with task lighting.
Using task lighting in the bathroom is a great way to brighten the space. However, you need to make sure that you select the correct type of lighting.
One type of task lighting is the recessed light, which casts light downward from the ceiling. You can also use pendant lights. These are generally used as task lights but can also be used as ambient lights. You can also use wall sconces, which are mounted to the wall. They provide a directional light that shines inward and outward.
You can also use LED bulbs, which are purpose-built for specific tasks. You can also use wireless lighting controls, which are installed without cables. These allow you to have pre-programmed settings. These are great for controlling the lighting, the thermostat, and even the security system.
You can also use a dimmer switch to control the lighting throughout the day. You can also use a presence detector to ensure the lights are automatically turned off at night.
Adding dimmer controls to your bathroom lighting can add an element of sophistication to your bathroom. They are available for both LED and incandescent lighting. This makes it possible to control the intensity of vanity, recessed, and ceiling lights.
Dimmer switches work by regulating the current that flows through a circuit. They can be used as standalone lighting controls or as part of a complex lighting system.
Adding dimmer controls to your bathroom is a great way to save energy and create different moods in your home. They allow you to switch between softer lighting for relaxing in the evening and strong light for getting ready in the morning.
To get the most out of dimmer controls, you need to ensure that your light bulb is dimmable. This means that the colour temperature of the light should be in the range of 2700K to 3000K on the Kelvin scale. You might want to choose a different bulb if the light bulb does not have a CRI of 90 or more.
Choose VK Renovation and Design for your Bathroom renovation in Metro Vancouver!
Whether planning a bathroom renovation or simply updating your existing space, VK Renovation can help you create a bathroom that fits your style and budget. With years of experience working with homeowners across Vancouver, BC, we know how to transform bathrooms into spaces that fit your lifestyle. Whether you’re looking for a modern look or something more traditional, we can help you achieve the look you want. As a locally owned and operated company, we pride ourselves on providing quality products and exceptional customer service. When you choose VK Renovation, you can rest assured knowing that you’re choosing a company that cares about your satisfaction.
We understand that to be successful is to stay ahead of the curve. That means staying current with the latest technology and design trends. We’re always looking to find ways to improve our products or services without breaking the bank. That’s why we stay connected to the latest technologies of NKBA, National Kitchen and Bath Association. In addition, at VK renovation, our primary focus is providing sustainable bathroom design and renovation packages, and we believe in sustainable living. Sustainable living is a way of life in harmony with nature. It is a lifestyle which focuses on the preservation of our environment. Sustainable living is a philosophy emphasizing respect for the environment and concern for its well-being. This means we should take care of the planet and treat it as if it were our own home. We should try to preserve what we have and protect it from destruction. If we do this, we will enjoy the benefits of the earth’s resources for many generations. Whether you’re planning a major remodel or adding finishing touches to your current bathroom, we’d love to discuss your project. Book your showroom consultation online.
Main Areas of Service in British Columbia:
Frequently Asked Questions
Are larger tiles better in small bathrooms?
Yes, big tiles look great in small bathrooms. To create a cohesive feel, you can use them to tile the floors and walls. You should use large format tiles to avoid grout lines on your floors and walls.
Should floor tiles be darker than walls?
Not necessarily. However, we recommend that you use the same tile for both the floor and walls. If you prefer to use two different tiles, choose the one that is darker for the floor. A modern bathroom should have fewer tiles.
What colour looks best in a bathroom?
There is no definitive answer to this question. Everyone has different tastes and preferences so what works in one bathroom may not work well in another. However, some popular colours for bathrooms include white, cream, light blue, and pale green. These colors create a calm and peaceful atmosphere that is often desired for a bathroom. Of course, it is ultimately up to the individual to decide what colour looks best in their bathroom.
Because it makes the bathroom appear larger and brighter, white is the most preferred choice. It is also versatile, and can easily be paired up with other colours or decor. Another popular choice is cream, which creates an inviting and warm feeling. Bathrooms are often decorated with light blue because it encourages relaxation and gives the room a spa-like atmosphere. Pale green is another good choice for a bathroom, as it has a calming effect and can help to create a refreshing atmosphere. The best bathroom color is one that makes you feel relaxed and comfortable.
What is the average price of a bathroom remodel in Metro Vancouver?
In Metro Vancouver, the average price to renovate a bathroom costs $25,000 This includes labor, materials, permits, and all other costs. The total cost will vary depending on the size and scope of the project.
If you plan on updating your bathroom, it is essential to consult a professional to get an accurate estimate of the total cost. Bathroom upgrades can range from minor cosmetic changes to major renovations. There are many options depending on your budget and requirements.
The cost of cosmetic improvements such as painting, new fixtures or updating tile work is relatively low and can make a huge impact on the overall appearance of your bathroom. You may need to remodel the entire bathroom, including the layout and adding new features like a tub or shower, as well as increasing the size.
What’s the latest trend in bathrooms 2023?
As consumers demand high-quality products at a lower price, the bathroom industry is experiencing rapid change.
The next generation of bathroom design is going to be focused on safe and sustainable materials.
This includes waterless and low-flow toilets as well as dual flush technology and smart homes.
This trend will also promote health and wellness, by offering access to shower heads or other devices that improve hygiene.
How can you make your bathroom more eco-friendly?
There are several options to make your bathroom more energy-efficient. Installing low-flow fixtures like toilets or showerheads is one way. This will help to conserve water. Another option is to use green cleaning agents, which are less damaging to the environment. You can also try using recycled materials such as metal or glass in your bathroom. You can make your bathroom more sustainable by making a few simple changes.
- Keep in mind: they advise that, all told, your bathroom project should cost no more than 5 to 10 percent of your home’s value. (remodelista.com)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Large format tiles were favoured by 59% of those surveyed.mSlab surfaces were favoured by 40% of those surveyed. (https://nkba.org)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Bathroom faucet designs reflected wellness concerns, with 61% choosing accessible lever handles, 48% choosing motion and 36% going for the touch or tap options. (https://nkba.org)
- Outdoor showers can dramatically increase the value of your home—according to a 2018 report from Realtor.com, homes with outdoor showers tend to list for nearly double the asking price of other homes! (housebeautiful.com)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Chromotherapy, which uses coloured lights to stimulate relaxation, was chosen by 25%. Preset lighting schemes for different times during the day were favoured by 29%. (https://nkba.org)
- According to a 2019 remodelling report from the National Association of Realtors, 70 percent of consumers “have a greater desire to be home” after a bathroom renovation, so read on and soak up the secrets. (housebeautiful.com)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: 82% of those surveyed revealed bathrooms are now designed for two-person use. (https://nkba.org)
- Glass tile is one of the greenest bathroom flooring options because it can be 100% recycled. (caddetailsblog.com)
- According to the EPA, a conventional toilet uses 1.6 gallons per flush, but that old pink one could use between 3.5 to 7 gallons per flush. (elemental.green)
- WaterSense-labeled bathroom sink faucets use a maximum of 1.5 gallons per minute, reducing water use by 30 percent or more from the standard flow of 2.2 gallons per minute – without sacrificing performance. (elemental.green)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Windows above tubs were favoured by 51% of those surveyed. Skylights were selected by 37% of those surveyed. (https://nkba.org)
- The average midrange bathroom remodels costs $27,164, according to the latest Remodeling Cost versus Value report, and it’s projected that you will recoup 58.9% of that cost when reselling your home. (architecturaldigest.com)
10 Mistakes to Avoid When Remodeling a Small Bathroom
Because of the small space available, remodeling a small bathroom can prove difficult. When remodeling your home, it is important to consult professionals. Here we’ve listed some common mistakes people make when remodelling their bathrooms.
- Not having enough funds to fund the project. You might not have enough money to complete your project if you aren’t ready. Because remodelling costs can quickly mount up, it’s a smart idea to save now.
- Do not attempt to save money by purchasing inferior materials. It is not a good idea to try to cut corners during any renovation. Make sure you get the highest quality products for the lowest cost. Quality is everything!
- Buying too much stuff at once. A common mistake when renovating bathrooms is to purchase too much stuff without first thinking it through. It is important to only buy the items you actually need so that you don’t pay for unnecessary things.
- Planning the layout of the new room is a mistake. Many people fail to consider how they want to use the newly renovated area. They decide to go ahead and throw things into the space without considering whether the items are helpful or not.
- Making modifications to the existing layout. People sometimes feel they know exactly the layout of their bathroom. But they end changing it altogether. This makes the space less accessible.
- Do it yourself. Although DIY projects are popular, it is not recommended that you do them all yourself. Hiring contractors will ensure you have someone who understands what they’re doing and has the right equipment.
- Starting the project too late. It is possible to run into problems if you delay in planning your bathroom renovation. There are many problems that can arise, such as leaky pipes or mold growth.
- Being unorganized. It is easy to forget crucial details about a renovation project like where to put the trash can or where to find the power outlets. Having an organized workspace will help you stay focused during the process.
- Not checking references. You must verify the background of anyone you hire to work on a renovation project. Ask friends and family to tell you if they’ve had positive experiences with these businesses.
- There are no shortcuts in safety precautions. Safety is crucial, especially when remodeling bathrooms. You must take specific steps to protect yourself while working on the project.