Whether you live in a farmhouse or a modern home, you can still create a gorgeous bathroom that’s both comfortable and functional. You just need to know the basics. Luckily, we’ve put together this easy guide to help you do just that.
White shiplap walls
Adding white shiplap walls in a farmhouse bathroom is a great way to add some character to the space. These walls can serve as a backdrop for a farmhouse style bathroom or they can add a rustic touch to a bathroom that is more modern.
It is important to use moisture resistant paint on your shiplap wall. Moisture can damage your walls and cause mildew growth. There are moisture resistant paints available in a semi-goss, satin, or high-goss sheen. You can also use polyurethane to protect the wood.
The best way to install shiplap is to start with a clean wall. Remove any light switches, baseboards, or other items that are in the way. It is also a good idea to sand down the nail holes before you install shiplap.
Adding a claw-foot bathtub to your bathroom can make it look more farmhouse-style. It’s a popular bathtub style that complements traditional decorating styles. It’s also an option for bathrooms that have transitional and contemporary decorating styles.
The most common size of claw-foot bathtubs is five feet. They’re available in a range of colors. Some manufacturers will let you custom-color your claw-foot bathtub. A few popular colors include white, brown, and black.
Claw-foot bathtubs can be purchased in fiberglass or acrylic. Acrylic is less expensive than fiberglass, but it’s also heavier. Fiberglass is easier to clean than acrylic. Fiberglass claw-foot bathtubs are also less prone to discoloration.
Claw-foot bathtubs can also be freestanding. They usually do not come with a faucet or drain assembly. However, they can be converted to a shower head. It’s important to have a flexible shower hose that can target water.
Grey tiled floor
Using a grey tiled floor in a farmhouse bathroom can make a room look both chic and cozy. Its clean lines and neutral color palette make it a great base for many different materials.
Grey is a classic monochrome color that works well with patterned wallpaper, bold wall colors, and more. Its soft, subtle shading works well with darker color tiles on the floor.
For a unique look, try laying tile in a vertical pattern. Vertical lines in tile make a room feel bigger.
A woven pattern is another option. It takes more work, but it can be a great way to add pattern to a grey tiled floor.
If you’re feeling more adventurous, try experimenting with a herringbone pattern. This is a woven pattern that is laid out in two different shades of grey.
Using repurposed decor for farmhouse bathrooms can add a unique touch to the room. It is a good way to bring in a rustic and farmhouse feel without breaking the bank. Whether you want to add a touch of farmhouse decor to your existing bathroom or you are building a new home, here are some ideas for reclaimed wood and other rustic bathroom decor.
For a rustic and farmhouse feel, try using natural wood and stone elements. This can include reclaimed wood cabinets, floors, and walls. You can also incorporate plants into the design.
For a classic farmhouse-inspired bathroom, use warm neutral colors and classic furniture. You can add a vintage-inspired look with a reclaimed wood vanity and a few shabby chic details. This can include colorful cabinetry, vintage wallpaper, and outdoor elements.
Adding wainscoting to your bathroom can create a charming farmhouse feel. It can also help you protect your wall from moisture damage. Wainscoting is also a budget-friendly way to add a decorative touch.
Traditionally, wainscoting is made from wood. But, today, you can find wainscoting made of molded drywall, plastic, and even embossed metal. There are even wood substitutes, like vinyl, which is water-resistant and doesn’t rot.
Beadboard is the most common type of wainscoting. This paneling is made up of simple wooden panels. It includes vertical grooves and raised beads. The individual boards are 32 to 48 inches long.
The paneling is often paired with raised wood panels. These panels have a bottom rail and horizontal rails at the top. This combination creates a classic recessed box.
Whether planning a bathroom renovation or simply looking to update your existing space, Vancouver Kitchen Renovation is the place to turn. We’re Vancouver’s premier bathroom design and renovation specialists, and we pride ourselves on being able to create spaces that fit perfectly within your budget. Whether you’re renovating a small guest room or transforming a whole house, we’ll guide you through each step so you can enjoy your finished product for years to come. As a locally owned and operated business, we know what it takes to build lasting relationships with our clients. We’re committed to providing quality products and services and strive to exceed expectations every time.
We understand that to be successful is to stay ahead of the curve. That means staying current with the latest technology and design trends. We always want to improve our products or services without breaking the bank. That’s why we stay connected to the latest technologies of NKBA, National Kitchen and Bath Association. In addition, at Vancouver Kitchen renovation, our primary focus is providing sustainable bathroom design and renovation packages, and we believe in sustainable living. Sustainable living is a way of life in harmony with nature. It is a lifestyle which focuses on the preservation of our environment. Sustainable living is a philosophy emphasizing respect for the environment and concern for its well-being. This means we should take care of the planet and treat it as if it were our home. We should try to preserve what we have and protect it from destruction. If we do this, we will enjoy the benefits of the earth’s resources for many generations. Whether you’re planning a major remodel or adding finishing touches to your current bathroom, we’d love to discuss your project. Book your showroom consultation online.
Main Areas of Service in British Columbia:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an average cost for a complete bathroom remodeling in Metro Vancouver?
Metro Vancouver’s bathroom remodel costs an average of $25,000 This includes the cost of materials, labour, permits, and any other associated costs. The size and scope of your project will impact the final cost.
A professional should be consulted if you want to update your bathroom. Bathroom remodeling can be as simple as cosmetic or full-scale renovations. There are many options available depending on your needs and budget.
The cost of cosmetic improvements such as painting, new fixtures or updating tile work is relatively low and can make a huge impact on the overall appearance of your bathroom. You may need to remodel the entire bathroom, including the layout and adding new features like a tub or shower, as well as increasing the size.
How can I make my bathroom look modern?
There are many ways to make your bathrooms feel modern. Incorporating sleek and simple lines into your design is a great way to achieve a modern look. You can also use black, grey and white. Modern fixtures such as LED lighting or rain showers will give your space a contemporary look. Decluttering the bathroom and making sure everything is in its place will make your space look more clean and minimalistic.
What is the ROI of a bathroom renovation in Metro Vancouver?
A bathroom renovation can be very costly. If done properly, it can yield big returns. HomeAdvisor states that mid-range bathroom remodels return an average 70% on their investment while upscale bathrooms have an average ROI (60%) You can expect a return on investment of $14,000 if you spend $20,000 to renovate a bathroom in Metro Vancouver. If you spend $40,000 to remodel your bathroom, you can expect a return of $24,000.
Of course, the actual ROI you experience will depend on several factors, including the quality of the renovation, the current market conditions, and the location of your home. A bathroom remodel is a good idea if you are looking to sell your home in the near future. You will be able to make your home more appealing for potential buyers. It could also help you sell your home at a higher price.
If you’re not planning on selling your home anytime soon, a bathroom remodel can still be a wise investment. A bathroom renovation that is executed well can make your home more enjoyable and also increase its resale price. So, whether you’re looking to boost your home’s value or want to create a more comfortable and stylish space, a bathroom remodel is worth considering.
How do I remodel my bathroom in 2023
Understanding your bathroom is the first step.
Which features do you require and which don’t? What are your priorities
Then start looking at products that fit those requirements.
You might not find exactly what your looking for but there are many options.
Here’s some stuff to consider:
- Size – How big your bathroom is? You will need to make modifications to accommodate new fixtures.
- Style – Which style do you prefer? Contemporary, traditional, etc.? Style – Bathrooms come in various traditional, modern, and transitional styles. The traditional style is popular since Victorian times. It features natural stone floors. Modern bathrooms are sleek and feature glass finishes. Transitional designs combine elements from both traditional and contemporary styles.
- Layout – Some people like smaller spaces and others prefer more space. How would you like your bathroom laid out?
- Color Scheme – Which colors do you want for your bathroom?
- Lighting: How much light are you able to get?
- Storage – Do I need more storage space for my bathroom? Do you have enough storage space? Are you lacking enough storage space?
- Ventilation: Is your bathroom ventilated properly?
- Features – You need to think about how many features you would like in your new bathroom. A heated towel rack or steam shower might be something you’d like. Do you need a spa tub or a Jacuzzi? Do you prefer a walk-in or separate bathtub and shower?
- Budget – You should also consider your budget. This will allow you to narrow down your options and avoid overspending.
- Warranty – It is important to confirm that the manufacturer provides a product warranty. This guarantees that the product will perform for a set period.
Once you have a clear understanding of your needs, you can start to look at products. You can search online, in magazines or in stores. When you find the item you love, compare prices. Read reviews before you make a purchase.
Are bigger tiles better in a small bath?
Yes, large tiles work well in small bathrooms. They make the space appear larger and brighter. They can be used on the floors or walls to create a cohesive design. You should use large format tiles to avoid grout lines on your floors and walls.
What’s the most desired bathroom color in 2023?
Benjamin Moore’s pick for the 2023 year’s color in 2023 was revealed as part of its annual Colour Trends collection. It’s called Raspberry Blush. This vivid red-orange color has us thinking: Bold, bright, boldest. This bold, unapologetic shade sets the scene for Colour Trends 2023. Colour Trends 2023 was inspired by the artist’s desire for colour and shape to communicate. It is designed to envelope you in vivid shades that make a statement. Benjamin Moore recruited the electro-funk duo Chromeo to mark the year’s selection and highlight the dynamic role colour has in our everyday lives.
PPG and Glidden reached out to 35 color stylists from all over the world to share their predictions about which colours would be most influential by 2023. Their answers ranged from the obvious — like a return to earthy neutrals — to the unexpected — like a resurgence of neon pink. They came to the conclusion that acceptance of change was the main theme of all responses.
Glidden and PPG named Vining Ivy the shared 2023 Color Of The Year. ViningIvy is a bright blend of jewel tones, natural materials. It is a bridge between the past and the future, a now-and-thens exploration of colour choices made in PPG’s professional audience.
What bathroom sinks would you recommend for 2023 style?
A variety of bathroom sink styles will be very popular in 2023. Some of the most popular styles include:
- Vessel Sinks: These vessel sinks are very popular in bathrooms. These sinks can be a bold statement in your bathroom with their unique style.
- The Undermount Sink. This undermount sink is also popular in bathrooms. They can modernize your bathroom’s look with their sleek, modern design.
- The pedestal sink: Another classic option for bathroom sinks is the pedestal sink. They are elegant and practical, with a timeless design that will look great in any bathroom.
- Integrated sink/countertop: A new trend, the integrated sink/countertop has been growing in popularity. This option offers a seamless look for your bathroom. There is no gap between sink and countertop because the sink is integrated in the countertop. This can give your bathroom a clean and contemporary look.
No matter the style, make sure it compliments your bathroom’s overall decor. You want your bathroom to be where you love and feel comfortable. The sink you choose will help you reach that goal.
- According to a 2019 remodelling report from the National Association of Realtors, 70 percent of consumers “have a greater desire to be home” after a bathroom renovation, so read on and soak up the secrets. (housebeautiful.com)
- Keep in mind: they advise that, all told, your bathroom project should cost no more than 5 to 10 percent of your home’s value. (remodelista.com)
- If possible, allow a 15 to 20% contingency fund so you’re prepared for the unexpected. (loveproperty.com)
- The average midrange bathroom remodels costs $27,164, according to the latest Remodeling Cost versus Value report, and it’s projected that you will recoup 58.9% of that cost when reselling your home. (architecturaldigest.com)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Floating vanities were favoured by 71% of those surveyed. (https://nkba.org)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Chromotherapy, which uses coloured lights to stimulate relaxation, was chosen by 25%. Preset lighting schemes for different times during the day were favoured by 29%. (https://nkba.org)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Heated floors were favoured by a substantial 75% of those who responded to the survey.(https://nkba.org)
- Other sustainability instruments developed by Noken include an ‘Eco cartridge’ (its two-position switch makes it possible to use 50% less water and energy), and a water ‘flow rate limiter’ (that uses jets and air to reduce water consumption). (decoist.com)
- NKBA estimates that broken down, most of this cost comes from fixtures and plumbing (about 29 percent), followed by counters and surfaces (21 percent), labour (20 percent), and cabinetry and hardware (16 percent). (remodelista.com)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: 82% of those surveyed revealed bathrooms are now designed for two-person use. (https://nkba.org)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Bathroom faucet designs reflected wellness concerns, with 61% choosing accessible lever handles, 48% choosing motion and 36% going for the touch or tap options. (https://nkba.org)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Digital showering allows users to program their preferred flow rate, and the temperature was a 23% preference. 44% wanted the ability to start their showers with their phones. (https://nkba.org)
- 2020 U.S. Houzz Bathroom Trends Study
- Contemporary tile design with storage niches – Eclectic tile and storage niche – by Katie Monkhouse Interior Designs
How to design a master bathroom
Here are some things you need to keep in mind when designing a master bedroom. The space size and type of fixtures you require are important considerations. You should also choose a style and color that you enjoy, as well as one that complements the overall design of your home. Third, select materials that will stand up to moisture and wear. Finally, make sure to personalize the space.
To make your master bathroom feel luxurious and spa-like, you can add a spa experience. You can add a steam bath, heated towel racks and candles with scented candles to make your master bath feel luxurious. These little touches can make bathing more relaxing.
Lighting is an important aspect of a master bath. A master bathroom should have adequate lighting so that you can read or work while you bathe. If you’re going to install a skylight, choose a colour that won’t distract from the beauty of the bathroom itself.
You don’t need to go overboard when decorating your master bathroom. Keep it simple and clean. It is best to stick to neutral tones and to avoid using bright colours. You’ll find that the rest of your home will look better once the bathrooms are finished.
Don’t forget to add storage! You need storage space in every room, but it is especially important in the master bathroom. Make sure you invest in high-quality cabinets and that everything has a home. You’ll be amazed at how much it is easier to keep the bathroom tidy if everything has its own home.
These are just some tips to help you create the perfect master bath. Don’t forget that this is your space. Make it yours. Take your time and enjoy the process!
Did you miss our previous article…