Whether you’re planning to renovate your bathroom, remodel or create a completely new look, there are plenty of great bathroom DIY ideas to choose from. These ideas range from simple, inexpensive projects to a more elaborate plan for a brand-new bathroom.
Adding open shelving in a bathroom can add a unique style and storage. It can also help you declutter the space. These shelves are versatile and can be added to any bathroom. They also keep the most important items on display.
If you have a small bathroom, a narrow shelving unit attached to the wall will make the space feel larger. It can also be a stylish storage space for small items like toilet paper, brushes, and makeup brushes.
Mirrored trinket dish
Using a mirrored trinket dish in your bathroom is a great way to add style to your space and store your cosmetics and toiletries. You can also use it in your kitchen to corral your glasses, and in your bedroom to display your baubles. Using a mirror based trinket dish in your bathroom is surprisingly easy.
In fact, you can use the same mirror in your bedroom to display your bling and corral your mini bar. You can even use a mirror based trinket dish to anchor your floral centerpiece on your dining table.
Choosing the right tile for your bathroom can be a great kickstart to your style. Tiles come in a variety of colors, shapes, sizes, and patterns. Selecting the right tile will add dimension and create a cohesive look.
In the bathroom, smaller tiles can create a sense of visual variety while larger tiles create a sense of grandiose scale. Choosing the right size tile will also affect the installation process.
When laying tile, it’s always a good idea to use thinset mortar. Thinset mortar is a mix of water and a dry powder. Mix the thinset mortar according to the instructions provided by the manufacturer. Apply the thinset to the surface with a notched trowel. Allow the mortar to “slake” for ten minutes. If there are any gaps, remove the excess thinset.
Whether you are a do-it-yourself type or are looking for a unique and affordable window treatment, making a wood valance is a great project. There are many ways to do it, and the materials are easy to find. Whether you want a rustic style valance for your bedroom or a more contemporary valence for your kitchen, you can make it.
A valance is a decorative window covering made from fabric or wood. A good valence will help to soften the edges of your window. It also adds a nice touch to your room.
Sliding barn door cabinet
Using a barn door in your bathroom is a great way to save space while still maintaining a cohesive look. If you aren’t the diy type, there are many premade solutions to choose from.
Sliding barn doors are a popular choice. They take up less floor space than a traditional swinging door and slide along the wall when they are opened. They also offer a free-view of the room behind them from certain angles.
A sliding barn door is a good way to jazz up a drab bathroom. They can be made from reclaimed wood, stainless steel, glass, or a combination of these materials.
Reclaimed wood mason jar organizer
Using reclaimed wood to make a mason jar organizer for bathroom diy ideas can add a rustic touch to your bathroom. If you are looking to add extra storage to your bathroom, this is the perfect project.
The organizer is easy to make, and can be customized to fit your bathroom decor. A trip to the hardware store can get you some inexpensive brackets for wood shelves. You can also find wood and metal hardware at a Habitat for Humanity ReStore to add a rustic touch to your bathroom.
Adding contact paper to your bathroom is a quick and inexpensive way to update your space. Contact paper can be found in many different patterns and colors, making it perfect for decorating any room. Contact paper is a type of vinyl that’s adhesive on one side and decorative on the other.
Contact paper can be used to cover ugly countertops and backsplashes, or to give a new look to a piece of furniture. You can even use it to create a pet placemat.
Fishing net jars
Adding fishing net jars as bathroom decor is a great way to incorporate the sea into your bathroom. The netting will add a touch of the beach, and the jars can be used for storing beach items or even as candles. These are simple and easy to make, and you can also add more than one fishing net to add depth to your display.
This project can be made using a mason jar, and is a fun and simple way to incorporate the beach into your bathroom. You can decorate it with seashells or even a real fishing net. You can also use any trinkets you have on hand.
Whether planning a bathroom renovation or simply looking to update your existing space, Vancouver Kitchen Renovation is the place to turn. We’re Vancouver’s premier bathroom design and renovation specialists, and we pride ourselves on being able to create spaces that fit perfectly within your budget. Whether you’re renovating a small guest room or transforming a whole house, we’ll guide you through each step so you can enjoy your finished product for years to come. As a locally owned and operated business, we know what it takes to build lasting relationships with our clients. We’re committed to providing quality products and services and strive to exceed expectations every time.
We understand that to be successful is to stay ahead of the curve. That means staying current with the latest technology and design trends. We always want to improve our products or services without breaking the bank. That’s why we stay connected to the latest technologies of NKBA, National Kitchen and Bath Association. In addition, at Vancouver Kitchen renovation, our primary focus is providing sustainable bathroom design and renovation packages, and we believe in sustainable living. Sustainable living is a way of life in harmony with nature. It is a lifestyle which focuses on the preservation of our environment. Sustainable living is a philosophy emphasizing respect for the environment and concern for its well-being. This means we should take care of the planet and treat it as if it were our home. We should try to preserve what we have and protect it from destruction. If we do this, we will enjoy the benefits of the earth’s resources for many generations. Whether you’re planning a major remodel or adding finishing touches to your current bathroom, we’d love to discuss your project. Book your showroom consultation online.
Main Areas of Service in British Columbia:
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I beautify my bathroom
You don’t need to spend a lot of money to beautify a bathroom. Here are some tips to help you get started.
- Paint Your Bathroom Walls – Paint your walls a bright colour, such as yellow or green. This will give your space a fresh, clean feel.
- Add some mirrors to your bathroom. They also help reflect light into dark areas. Mirrors are a cost-effective way to upgrade your bathroom.
- Use simple accessories – Accessories can help you create a trendy appearance. A basket filled with towels can be hung over the bathtub. Put a few candles around the mirror to add a decorative element.
- Hang Up A Picture – If you want to change up the decor of your bathroom, try hanging a picture. Choose one that has a theme related to your bathroom. For example, a mountainscape photo is a good choice if you love nature.
- You Can Create an Artistic Bathroom Look with Stenciling. Make shapes with stencils and paint them to your walls. Be sure to paint the shapes several times before you move on to the next one.
- Purchase a New Toilet Seat Cover – When people think of changing their bathrooms, toilets are often forgotten. But toilet seats aren’t expensive, and replacing them can freshen things up.
- Change the colour of your sink faucet – You also have the option to change its color. By changing the colours of your faucets, you can create a unique bathroom design.
- Install a laundry hook – Laundry hooks can transform bathrooms. It allows you hang items, such as clothes and footwear, from the ceiling instead than storing them inside drawers.
- Add plants – Plants can be used to clean the air in your home. They can hide unwanted objects and they are easy to maintain. Place plants near windows so that you can enjoy the view.
- Towels that have been used up should be replaced by baskets. You won’t have any mess to clean up after guests arrive.
- Add Storage Space – Storage space can help keep your bathroom tidy. Consider adding shelves to the top of the sink, along the wall, or under the countertop.
- Enhance Your Lighting – A bathroom’s lighting can make it appear larger. Install recessed lighting under your vanity, rather than track lighting.
- Get creative with Tile Designs – You can create unique designs for your bathroom using tile designs. You can use this technique to incorporate various patterns and textures.
- Make Your Bathroom Quiet – Remove all clutter from your bathroom. Get rid of all clutter from cabinets and countertops. Remove any items that might get wet and clean off the surfaces.
- Upgrading Lighting – Replace your lighting fixtures and bulbs with modern ones. This will transform your bathroom.
- Paint Walls They can also be used to create a stunning backdrop for artwork.
- Mirrors on cabinets: Mirrors provide light and do not take up much space. Mirrors can reflect natural light into dark areas in your bathroom.
- Hang Photos and Artwork – Hanging pictures or artwork in your bathroom adds beauty. You should choose pieces that match and go well together.
What are the most favored 2023 bathroom designs
- The bathroom design for 2023 will emphasize natural materials such as wood, stone, steel, and glass.
- The bathroom will also feature a more significant number of water features, including showers and baths with jets, whirlpools, and spas.
- There will be fewer mirrors, and more space to relax and socialize.
- The user’s lifestyle will dictate the design of their bathroom.
- The bathroom will have a focus on cleanliness and hygiene.
- It will also feature technology such as smart toilets and heated towel rails.
- You will find a variety of storage options in the bathroom, including shelves, drawers, and cabinets.
- Through integrated lighting and controls, the bathroom will make it easy to access all its components.
- The bathroom will save energy and be more eco-friendly.
- The bathroom will have a comfortable and inviting atmosphere with warm and welcoming people.
What bathroom finishes are in style?
The matte black finish was popular in 2022 and will continue in 2023. Brushed brass and bronze will also be very popular in 2023. These finishes can add luxury to any bathroom.
Bathroom finishes are often considered an afterthought when designing a bathroom. They should be considered from the beginning as they have a significant impact on the space’s appearance and feel. They play a vital role in creating a tranquil and serene atmosphere.
You must also think about the materials that you use in your bathroom. A classic white tiled bathroom floor might be paired with a wooden bathtub and vanity unit. Or you might opt for a totally different colour scheme like black and white or a completely contrasting palette. Whatever you decide, make sure it works for you and fits into the overall design of the rest of the house.
When thinking about bathroom finishes, remember that you don’t need to spend much money to create a luxurious look. One coat of paint is all it takes to transform an old bathroom into something extraordinary.
What is the most expensive part of a bathroom remodel?
The most costly part of bathroom remodeling is labor. Professional labour will cost you anywhere from $10,000 to $15,000, depending on how large and complex your project is. This does not include the costs of materials. These can vary depending upon what type of fixtures and finishes they are.
What is the future trend in bathroom decor?
Bathroom decor trends can change all the time, but certain themes have been very popular since the beginning. These themes are covered below.
- Minimalism – The idea behind minimalism is to remove all clutter from our homes. This could include decluttering cupboards and shelves, taking out unnecessary items and replacing them by functional ones. It also means keeping everything simple and easy to use.
- Urban Living: Many people like living in cities. Many urban dwellers today want to live near nature. They don’t want to lose sight of trees and green space when they move into the city. So they moved back to smaller apartments and houses with smaller yards.
- Eco-Friendly People are becoming more conscious of our environment. This has led to an increase in eco-friendly designs. Green design is all about designing spaces that are sustainable and healthy. Designers can take many different approaches to creating eco-friendly homes. Natural materials can be incorporated into designs. Another way is by ensuring that the home’s overall look doesn’t distract attention from the environment.
- Shabby Chic – Shabby chic was created out of necessity, not fashion. To save money, women had to reuse their old clothes during World War II. After the war ended they started to collect old pieces and repurpose them. Shabby chic is now a popular style in all design areas, from furniture to accessories to food.
- Artistic Design-Artistic design has been around since the beginning of time. Artists have always strived to express their creativity through their art. As technology has advanced, so too has an artistic design. Combining digital art with 3D printers allows us to create unique objects we wouldn’t otherwise be able to.
- Industrial Design – Industrial design isn’t a new concept. It has been around for hundreds of years. Industrial design special today is how much access we have to industries. To participate in this type of design, you don’t need to be part a large corporation. With the internet, anything becomes possible.
- Modernist Architecture – Modernist architecture is based on traditional design elements such as symmetry and order. It instead focuses on asymmetry, irregularity and balance. This allows architects flexibility in experimenting with different shapes. Open floor plans, clean lines and bare walls are some other features.
- Contemporary Design-Contemporary design incorporates both modern and traditional elements. It’s a fusion of all types of design, giving you something fresh and original that takes your taste buds on a ride.
- Nature Inspired – Nature-inspired design is all about bringing nature inside. A room is alive with plants and flowers, while fountains bring in water. You can see some amazing examples of nature-inspired interior decoration here:
- Rustic Interior Decoration – If rustic is your preference, you can use cedar siding or barn wood. These elements give the rooms that farmhouse vibe and can work in any environment.
- French Country Interiors – If the country is your favorite, but you hate the cold, it’s worth adding a few touches of French country design. Use soft furnishings, pastel colors, and simple colours. Try painting the walls a light colour and placing some french provincial chairs in the room. Here you will enjoy your time during the warmer months.
- Bohemian Style-If you enjoy the idea living in an urban area, but still desire a bit more country feel, the bohemian fashion will be able to help you do that. You can think of earthy tones and comfortable fabrics with low-key decoration.
How do you remodel an outdated bathroom?
Nowadays, bathroom renovations need little more than a new coat and a few new fixtures. Sometimes, though, these updates don’t suffice.
This is where a bathroom renovation could be beneficial. This is especially true in homes built before 1980 where the plumbing system can cause leakage and water damage.
A complete remodel doesn’t have be difficult. With some preparation and planning, you will be well on your way towards a new space. Here are some ways to tackle such a large project.
Create a plan. It doesn’t matter if you hire professionals or do the job yourself.
Also, you need to think about whether you would rather renovate or build a new layout. If you opt for the latter, you’ll likely need to remove walls to ensure proper drainage.
Once you have determined which direction you want, make rough floor plans. Measure each room carefully.
Next, choose a colour scheme. While neutral tones such as white, gray, brown, and black are popular choices, they won’t necessarily suit your home’s decor. Instead, look for colours that complement your existing decor. For example, if your house features lots of wood, you could incorporate warm shades like red, orange, yellow, and gold.
While it can be hard to pick a color palette, it’s important to keep your options open. You should allow plenty of time for furniture, appliances, and accessories shopping.
Finally, check out local building codes. Depending on your district or city, you may be required to obtain permits before starting any major remodel. In some cases, you will need to obtain a permit through your local government. If you don’t know what code applies to your location, you can contact your local Building Inspection Division of British Columbia. They will be able to help you with the details of your project.
You should consult a trusted bathroom contractor before you make any decisions. They can advise you on the type of permits you’ll need and guide you through the process. You can also take advantage of tax deductions. Investing in a significant renovation, especially an energy-efficient one could be eligible for a tax credit.
- With this technology, whether you take a 5-minute or a 50-minute shower, you’ll use the same amount of water, reducing your use up to 90 percent! (elemental.green)
- NKBA estimates that broken down, most of this cost comes from fixtures and plumbing (about 29 percent), followed by counters and surfaces (21 percent), labour (20 percent), and cabinetry and hardware (16 percent). (remodelista.com)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Floating vanities were favoured by 71% of those surveyed. (https://nkba.org)
- I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve had someone call and say they have an existing old tub (which, 99% of the time, is 60” wide once they’re pulled out) and want to convert the bathtub to a shower. (blog.innovatebuildingsolutions.com)
- According to a 2019 remodelling report from the National Association of Realtors, 70 percent of consumers “have a greater desire to be home” after a bathroom renovation, so read on and soak up the secrets. (housebeautiful.com)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: 82% of those surveyed revealed bathrooms are now designed for two-person use. (https://nkba.org)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Chromotherapy, which uses coloured lights to stimulate relaxation, was chosen by 25%. Preset lighting schemes for different times during the day were favoured by 29%. (https://nkba.org)
- This article will reveal more about AntiBac surfaces and how Villeroy and Boch products have 99.9% fewer bacteria. (superbath.co.uk)
- The average midrange bathroom remodels costs $27,164, according to the latest Remodeling Cost versus Value report, and it’s projected that you will recoup 58.9% of that cost when reselling your home. (architecturaldigest.com)
- WaterSense-labeled bathroom sink faucets use a maximum of 1.5 gallons per minute, reducing water use by 30 percent or more from the standard flow of 2.2 gallons per minute – without sacrificing performance. (elemental.green)
- Other sustainability instruments developed by Noken include an ‘Eco cartridge’ (its two-position switch makes it possible to use 50% less water and energy), and a water ‘flow rate limiter’ (that uses jets and air to reduce water consumption). (decoist.com)
- According to the EPA, a conventional toilet uses 1.6 gallons per flush, but that old pink one could use between 3.5 to 7 gallons per flush. (elemental.green)
How to hire an contractor for a bathroom renovation project
There are many steps involved in bathroom remodeling. These include hiring the right contractor, selecting materials, getting estimates, signing contracts and then starting the work. Pressure is a key factor in the process. You don’t want make mistakes, but you need to get things done as quickly as possible. These are some tips to help you find and hire the right contractor for your bathroom remodeling project.
- Start looking online. There’s no shortage of options when it comes to bathroom remodels. Sites such as Houzz and Trustedpros allow you to find local contractors. You can enter your zip code to see local contractors with good reviews. Always look at their portfolios and google reviews.
- Ask your friends and family. Most likely, your friends and family know someone who has recently renovated a bathroom. Ask your friends and family if they’d be willing to share their experience with you. They may be willing to refer someone and pay you a referral charge.
- Look into forums on the internet. There are many forums for bathroom remodeling on Facebook. People post photos and ask for help. Reddit as well Pinterest are popular.
- Research thoroughly. Verify the credentials of anyone you hire to do the job. You should check their licenses, qualifications, and insurance. You should also take note of past jobs. Do they have experience in bathrooms? Are they familiar with bathrooms of similar size?