Whether you’re looking for ideas for a new bathroom or for your existing bathroom, there are a lot of bathtub ideas that you can choose from. From oval and circular shaped tubs to corner bathtubs, you’ll find lots of different options to choose from.
Circular or oval-shaped tubs
Choosing a tub for your bathroom can be an overwhelming task. There are a lot of different options, and the choice is dependent on your needs, your bathroom’s location, and the type of tub you want. Fortunately, these 21 bathtub ideas can help you make the right choice.
An oval or circular bathtub is a popular choice. These designs are easy to install, and they work well in smaller bathrooms. The curves of an oval shape add visual appeal. The shape also contrasts well with sharper edges of a bathroom.
An oval tub is often used in an apartment bathroom, where space is limited. The shape is compact and allows for easy entry. This tub is ideal for a small bathroom, as it’s comfortable to use.
Freestanding soaker tubs
Using a freestanding soaker tub can be a great way to add a touch of style to your bathroom. These tubs are a great addition to any room, and are available in many different styles and sizes. These tubs are perfect for people who like taking long, relaxing baths.
Freestanding soaker tubs are easier to install than built-in tubs. They also provide more space for your bathing needs. Freestanding tubs can also be mounted against a wall, which saves space in a small bathroom.
While freestanding tubs are great for making a statement, they are not always the best choice for every bathroom. You may need to protect the walls around the tub. This can be accomplished by utilizing ceiling tile or other finishes around the tub.
Adding a corner bathtub is an easy way to make your bathroom unique. It offers the benefits of a Jacuzzi without the hassle of having to install one. It adds style and elegance to any room.
Corner bathtubs come in a wide variety of shapes and sizes. You can select a sleek two-person soaker, a curved corner model, or even a whirlpool tub. They are also available in a variety of colors and designs.
Some corner bathtubs feature lighted chromotherapy options and air jets. They also come with arm rests and back rests, which provide comfort and functionality.
Corner bathtubs are also a great way to save space in your bathroom. These tubs allow you to take a long soak in the tub without compromising the space for a shower.
Bathroom layouts that act like a soaker but also double as the shower
Whether you’re renovating or building a new home, bathroom layouts that act like a soaker and also double as the shower are a great way to get a functional and stylish bathroom. These designs don’t require any special skills or training and can increase the enjoyment of your home.
If you have limited floor space, a tub/shower combination may be the best option for you. This bathroom layout provides plenty of space for a shower, a toilet, and a sink. It’s also easy to make your space look larger by adding wall-hung fixtures.
A corner shower can be a great way to add storage and counter space to your bathroom. You can tile a corner or install a tiling kit for a cost-effective design. You can even add a frosted shower door for a stylish look.
Scandinavian minimalist bathroom
Those who are looking for Scandinavian minimalist bathroom bathtub ideas can have a wide variety of options to choose from. They may incorporate natural materials such as wood, or they may add touches of other styles, such as contemporary or rustic decor. Regardless of their style, these bathrooms are simple, uncluttered, and warm.
Scandinavian decor is often characterized by simple, neutral colors, such as black, white, and grey. However, the design can also include interesting textures, such as mosaics, to create a unique look. Decorative elements, such as potted plants, are also welcome in Nordic bathrooms. These plants add life and a sense of tranquility to the space.
Scandinavian bathrooms may incorporate bright, colorful tiles for a contrasting look. You can also use metallics to add a bit of flair to a white bathroom. For those who want a more sophisticated look, black marble flooring can add depth to the room.
Whether planning a bathroom renovation or simply looking to update your existing space, Vancouver Kitchen Renovation is the place to turn. We’re Vancouver’s premier bathroom design and renovation specialists, and we pride ourselves on being able to create spaces that fit perfectly within your budget. Whether you’re renovating a small guest room or transforming a whole house, we’ll guide you through each step so you can enjoy your finished product for years to come. As a locally owned and operated business, we know what it takes to build lasting relationships with our clients. We’re committed to providing quality products and services and strive to exceed expectations every time.
We understand that to be successful is to stay ahead of the curve. That means staying current with the latest technology and design trends. We always want to improve our products or services without breaking the bank. That’s why we stay connected to the latest technologies of NKBA, National Kitchen and Bath Association. In addition, at Vancouver Kitchen renovation, our primary focus is providing sustainable bathroom design and renovation packages, and we believe in sustainable living. Sustainable living is a way of life in harmony with nature. It is a lifestyle which focuses on the preservation of our environment. Sustainable living is a philosophy emphasizing respect for the environment and concern for its well-being. This means we should take care of the planet and treat it as if it were our home. We should try to preserve what we have and protect it from destruction. If we do this, we will enjoy the benefits of the earth’s resources for many generations. Whether you’re planning a major remodel or adding finishing touches to your current bathroom, we’d love to discuss your project. Book your showroom consultation online.
Main Areas of Service in British Columbia:
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the average price for a bathroom renovation in Metro Vancouver
In Metro Vancouver, the average price to renovate a bathroom costs $25,000 This includes materials, labor, permits, as well any other associated costs. The size and scope of your project will impact the final cost.
To get a precise estimate on the cost of your bathroom renovation, consult a professional. Bathroom remodels can include simple cosmetic changes or complete renovations. There are many options depending on your budget and requirements.
A few minor cosmetic changes like painting or updating the tile work, as well as new fixtures and plumbing, can make a significant difference to your bathroom’s overall appearance. Remodeling your bathroom can involve more complex tasks such as changing the layout, adding new features (such as a tub or shower) or expanding the space.
How do you upgrade a bathroom without spending a lot?
The first step would be to take an inventory of what you have available. This should include everything from toilets, showers, sinks, mirrors, towel racks, lighting fixtures, etc.
After you have completed the list, you must determine if any items can be salvaged. If they’re not, then they must be replaced.
Next, you will need to determine how much you can spend on each item. Once you have a rough idea of how much you want to spend on each item you can start shopping for replacement parts online.
Once you have all the parts, you can also update the bathroom. This can include replacing fixtures or painting walls. You should stick to your budget, no matter what route you take.
Are mosaic tiles appropriate for modern bathrooms?
Modern mosaic tiles should be avoided unless they are being used as accent tile. They can make your bathroom appear dated and busy. If you love the look of mosaic tiles, try using them as accents around your sink, bathtub or shower.
- NKBA estimates that broken down, most of this cost comes from fixtures and plumbing (about 29 percent), followed by counters and surfaces (21 percent), labour (20 percent), and cabinetry and hardware (16 percent). (remodelista.com)
- Other sustainability instruments developed by Noken include an ‘Eco cartridge’ (its two-position switch makes it possible to use 50% less water and energy), and a water ‘flow rate limiter’ (that uses jets and air to reduce water consumption). (decoist.com)
- With this technology, whether you take a 5-minute or a 50-minute shower, you’ll use the same amount of water, reducing your use up to 90 percent! (elemental.green)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Chromotherapy, which uses coloured lights to stimulate relaxation, was chosen by 25%. Preset lighting schemes for different times during the day were favoured by 29%. (https://nkba.org)
- WaterSense-labeled bathroom sink faucets use a maximum of 1.5 gallons per minute, reducing water use by 30 percent or more from the standard flow of 2.2 gallons per minute – without sacrificing performance. (elemental.green)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Bathroom faucet designs reflected wellness concerns, with 61% choosing accessible lever handles, 48% choosing motion and 36% going for the touch or tap options. (https://nkba.org)
- This article will reveal more about AntiBac surfaces and how Villeroy and Boch products have 99.9% fewer bacteria. (superbath.co.uk)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Digital showering allows users to program their preferred flow rate, and the temperature was a 23% preference. 44% wanted the ability to start their showers with their phones. (https://nkba.org)
- According to a 2019 remodelling report from the National Association of Realtors, 70 percent of consumers “have a greater desire to be home” after a bathroom renovation, so read on and soak up the secrets. (housebeautiful.com)
- I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve had someone call and say they have an existing old tub (which, 99% of the time, is 60” wide once they’re pulled out) and want to convert the bathtub to a shower. (blog.innovatebuildingsolutions.com)
- Glass tile is one of the greenest bathroom flooring options because it can be 100% recycled. (caddetailsblog.com)
- 2023 bathroom design trends: Floating vanities were favoured by 71% of those surveyed. (https://nkba.org)
- 2020 U.S. Houzz Bathroom Trends Study
- Storage niche and eclectic tile – Contemporary – Bathroom – Other – Katie Monkhouse Interior Design
Ten Mistakes to Avoid when Remodeling a Small Bathroom
A small bathroom remodel can be difficult due to limited space. You should always hire professionals to remodel your home. Here we’ve listed some common mistakes people make when remodelling their bathrooms.
- You don’t have enough money to complete the project. If you don’t have enough money, it may be better to wait until then. It would be wise to start saving up now since remodelling costs could add up quickly.
- Do not attempt to save money by purchasing inferior materials. It is not a good idea to try to cut corners during any renovation. Get the best quality products for your money. Quality is everything!
- Buying too much stuff at once. A common mistake when renovating bathrooms is to purchase too much stuff without first thinking it through. It is important to only buy the items you actually need so that you don’t pay for unnecessary things.
- Planning the layout of the new room is a mistake. Many people don’t think about how they will use the space after it is renovated. People just throw stuff in the space without considering if they are useful.
- Modifying the layout. People sometimes feel they know exactly the layout of their bathroom. But they end changing it altogether. This makes the space less accessible.
- Doing the work yourself. Although DIY projects are popular, it is not recommended that you do them all yourself. You can be sure that your contractor is knowledgeable and equipped with the right tools.
- Don’t wait too long to begin the project. If you wait until the last minute to start planning and renovating your bathroom, problems may arise along the way. For example, you can run into issues like plumbing leaks or mould growth.
- Being unorganized. Many people forget essential details during renovation projects, such as where to store the trash bin and power outlets. A well-organized workspace can help you stay focused throughout the entire process.
- Not checking references. Before you hire someone to complete any renovation project, make sure that they have a clean criminal record. Ask family members and friends to share their positive experiences with these companies.
- There are no shortcuts in safety precautions. Safety is crucial, especially when remodeling bathrooms. When working on a project, it is important to take precautions.
Did you miss our previous article…